All Colombians at some time in our life have eaten green beans that Mom made, as if not remembering them if unlike the others, these beans were made with potatoes, and gave them such a particular flavor that it was impossible to resist them.
Today I decided to remember them preparing this delicious recipe and make them in honor of my mom, the best cook in the world, or at least for me it is.
Can you change the potato for another ingredient?
Another way to prepare these delicious beans is to change the potato for green plantains, another very particular ingredient that gives another different flavor to the beans, and that remains in the most delicious way that anyone imagines. When adding green plantains, the recipe would be similar to how traditional beans are prepared.
But this does not end there; there people who add another type of ingredients that make beans a very particular recipe. They add hoof, pork rinds, some other type of meat, making green beans potentiate all their flavor.
As this recipe is usually not very thick, many people call it green bean soup, and it known in some regions, towns, or cities of the country.
There is nothing I enjoy more in this life than to eat some delicious green beans, and if my mother is the one who makes them, for me, it is paradise, heaven, and everything beautiful that can exist in a single bite. So stay and prepare these delicious green beans with us. Let's cook.
If you liked these green beans, you could also prepare a delicious bandeja paisa or rice with vermicelli.Receta original en Español
- 1 lb of green beans.
- 4 cups of water
- 4 potatoes or 2 green plantain
- ½ tomato
- 1 onion
- 2 scallions
- 1 bouillon cube.
- A pinch triguisar or color
- Salt to taste.
- You can choose to add hogao to beans, and if you want quick-cooking, make green beans in a pressure cooker.
- Also remember that you can add carrot, cow hoof, or some other type of ingredients that add a lot of flavors.
- You can also add green plantains and potatoes at the same time.
- In a medium saucepan, boil the beans with water, the chopped tomato, the onion, and the chopped onion, the bouillon cube, the triguisar, and the salt and let it cook until the beans begin to run, about 30 minutes approximately. If necessary, add more water.
- Once the beans start to soften, peel the potatoes or green plantains, cut them into squares and put them in the pot, and let them cook until the beans and potatoes or plantains are soft.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply