Bean is a food that cannot be missing in Colombian cuisine; it is one of the most used ingredients for our families and, without a doubt, the most loved by all of us. Its flavor is indescribable, and it seems that we do not get tired of it.
And thanks to the diversity of ingredients that we can find in Colombia, we can create different bean recipes, that is, we can add certain ingredients, so that every time we prepare them, there is a new flavor.
What kind of beans are we going to prepare today?
This time it is the turn for the ranchero beans, a preparation loved by many people, and that sometimes we do not stay very well. As they say there, we fail in our attempt, but here we are for that, so you dare to prepare them if you have not done it, or for you to try again, you will see that you will not regret going.
It is a food very desired by the elderly, although I have always noticed that most of our children also like it.
What I like about these rancher beans, is the preparation of a tasty stew, this will give it a lot of flavors. Most importantly, if we are going to use the plantain (this is what real Colombian beans do), it is essential to choose green, so that their flavor is quite balanced.
I chose this preparation because, like many, I love ranchero beans; I don't find buts in their preparation, or at the time of tasting them, I would repeat them several times a week, and without a doubt, I would not get tired.
So I hope you prepare some delicious ranchero beans with the help of our recipe and delight in your homes eating this wonder. Let's cook.
Ingredients for preparing ranchero beans
How to make ranchero beansEspañol
- 400 g of beans of your choice.
- 2 green plantains.
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup tomato
- 1 cup smoked sausages
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 grated medium carrot
- ½ tablespoon of ají
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Let the beans soak in water from the previous night.
- The next day, sauté the sausage in a skillet with a little oil. When ready, remove from heat and reserve.
- In that same skillet, fry the finely chopped onion and garlic, along with the diced tomato.
- When you are ready, introduce the beans with the soaking water in the pitcher, and after the olives take the pressure, let it simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the hardness of the beans.
- After this time, introduce the sausages and half of the previous stew, the green plantains divided into very small pieces, add the salt and pepper to taste, and put again for another 7 to 10 minutes until they soften the plantains.
- Then, uncover the pot and leave on medium-low heat, add the other half of the stew and leave the pot uncovered for a few more minutes, stirring so that they do not stick or burn.
- And ready. You can accompany with white rice.