I remember that the first time I tried pickled cucumbers made in this way, I liked them a lot, so I decided to prepare the recipe at home. It was a success since I continually kept doing them to include it, especially in salads.
The preparation of the recipe is quite simple and only takes a few minutes; I think the longest time is cooking. In the recipe, you will need to chop the sliced cucumber leaving the seeds, then it is boiled in a little water, and it is best when spices such as cinnamon and cloves added as it begins to evaporate a quite pleasant smell.
Can I keep the cucumbers for several days?
Cucumbers are ideal for including in sandwiches, hamburgers, meats, salads, in short, they are suitable to accompany any dish. In this sense, if we wanted to use them daily, it is best that after the preparation is cold, we store it in a glass, hopefully, a container with a lid, in this we add everything, the cucumber along with the syrup. We store it in the refrigerator, and in this way, it can preserve for 4 or 5 days.
To keep for longer in the freezer, you can store it in a container with a lid, but without the syrup and when you want to use it, heat it in the microwave for a minute, and that’s it.
Is this recipe the same as pickled cucumbers?
This recipe is similar to the process of pickles, but it is not the same since the process is different because the method of preserving the pickle uses a bit of vinegar mixed with water and spices. Vinegar lowers the pH of the solution because it contains acetic acid that prevents the development of pathogenic bugs and keeps vegetables for longer.
Another difference is that in the pickle, it is made with a minimum amount of sugar or salt, while in our recipe, it is necessary to add a generous amount of ante sweetener.
Also, the pickle does not require cooking since only the cucumber is added in a jar with water, vinegar, spices and is left in storage for several hours or days so that the cucumber absorbs all the flavor.
How to make pickled cucumbersEspañol
- 2 cucumbers cut into slices.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of white or apple cider vinegar
- ½ liter of water
- 1/2 tablespoon of mustard in grain (or you can use 1 tablespoon of mustard already prepared.)
- A pinch of salt.
- Put in a pot the ½ liter of water, sugar, vinegar, mustard, a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil.
- When the boil breaks add the cucumbers that we had already cut into slices and boil for about 5 minutes (do not exceed this time). Let cool for one hour.
- When this cold stores the cucumbers along with the syrup to preserve, in a container with a lid.
- Serve when you want in your favorite dish or a delicious salad.