Today we will prepare the Colombian ají, perhaps the most outstanding spicy in our kitchen since it has an intense and particular flavor that is not indifferent to any palate. It is beautiful to accompany empanadas, soups, meats, potato or yucca cakes, and many other things.
The ingredients for this recipe are always in the kitchen of any Colombian, obtaining a delicious sauce in less than 30 minutes. The spicy level is decided by you, adding more or less quantity of either ají or freshly ground black pepper.
What ingredients can we use to prepare ají?
As for the ingredients to prepare this recipe, each one makes it to your liking; there is no single or exclusive recipe. Some put onions, cilantro, lemon, chili, tomatoes, among other things.
This sauce can be refrigerated in jars and kept in the fridge for a good time. Still, if you are going to put tomato in this sauce, you should consume it in a few days, since tomato is an ingredient that usually decomposes very quickly, even while in the fridge.
Or rather, the Colombian pepper is a tradition in many of the homes, just be talking about it makes my mouth water, because I feel like delicious hot and crispy empanadas with slightly spicy chili salt.
The truth is that you cannot miss at home, and like me, many people need the ají to consume and not only with empanadas, but to accompany other meals. So let’s not think about it anymore, and let’s start with our sauce, remember that you decide the spicy level.Español
- 300 g of scallions.
- 1 unit of onion.
- 3 units of tomatoes.
- 150 ml of white vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 hot pepper (ground black pepper, or spicy powder.)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, and chili pepper.
- In a bowl, add the scallions, onion, tomatoes, white vinegar, olive oil, chili pepper, lemon juice, coriander, salt, and sugar.
- Mix well to integrate all the ingredients, rectify the flavor, so that it is not very spicy or very soft.
- Store it in a jar and take it to the fridge to keep it longer.