Chicken and rice is the perfect fusion of basic ingredients such as rice, chicken, and vegetables, elevated through an aromatic sauté and spices that bring an explosion of flavor in each bite. Its versatility and adaptability to different regional cuisines make it a dish that can be enjoyed in countless variations, each with its own unique and personal touch.
This Latin American kitchen classic is an invitation to enjoy an unforgettable gastronomic experience, where each bite takes you to the homes and kitchens of those who have prepared this delicious dish with love over the years.
This recipe is unique and wonderful, allowing us to surprise and, above all, serve many, which is why it is one of the most prepared for special occasions.
Chicken and rice
In this recipe, you will find all the flavor, smell, and texture that good chicken and rice deserve, so simple to prepare and so plentiful to distribute, that surely you can repeat if you wish. Join us and let's prepare this tasty rice.
Differences with other recipes
- We take care to give this chicken and rice all the flavor it deserves, such a delicious recipe for you to enjoy with your family.
- We provide the ideal texture, fluffy rice, so that you can enjoy it much better.
- What I enjoy most about this recipe is the combination of the sofrito with the rest of the ingredients, it is one of our favorite touches.
What is chicken and rice?
Chicken and rice is a very typical recipe from Spain and other places in Latin America. It is a preparation that consists of rice cooked with chicken, usually shredded.
It is accompanied by other ingredients such as carrot, green bean, peas, bell pepper, onion, corn kernels, bay leaves, thyme, cilantro, garlic, sausage, etc. Ingredients that are chosen depending on the area and family tastes.
How to make chicken and rice?
First of all, cook the chicken breast in a pressure cooker with water, a pinch of oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Let it cook for about 15 to 20 minutes and remove it. Take out the breast, let it cool, and shred it with your fingers or with a fork.
Cook the rice in the water in which you cooked the chicken, add the carrot and peas, along with the salt and cook over high heat until the water evaporates. When the water evaporates, lower the heat and cover the pot.
In the meantime, prepare the sofrito. For this, in a skillet, sauté the tomato, onions, garlic, and bell pepper. When everything is soft, add the tomato sauce. Let it cool down a bit. In a large pot, put the rice, sweet corn, shredded chicken, and sofrito, and stir to integrate everything. And it's ready.
What to accompany this chicken and rice with?
We can accompany this delicious rice with an exquisite garlic bread, they combine too well and you will love it. And you can have some juice or cold drink.
Tips and recommendations
Always use the water in which you cook the chicken breast to cook the rice, this will give a much more delicious flavor to the recipe.
Combine the sofrito with tomato sauce, it will provide flavor and color.
Mix everything at the end, this way everything will be more loose.
Benefits of eating chicken and rice
If you decide to cook the chicken breast, the fat content will be very low, so you will not gain weight, it is even a very healthy recipe, remember that rice is a cereal, and for that reason it is very good for our body.
Even, the other ingredients are vegetables like carrot and peas, which is very beneficial for visual health.
Soursop juice: An ideal beverage to accompany our chicken and rice.
Garlic bread: It is a different and delicious food, a perfect combination for this recipe.
Rice masato: And to take advantage of everything that rice offers us, this recipe is unique and delicious.
- 1000 g of chicken breast.
- 2 lbs of rice.
- 1 large carrot (finely diced.)
- 1 egg onion (finely chopped.)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped.)
- Salt and pepper.
- 5 tomatoes (finely chopped.)
- 2 long onion stalks.
- 1 cup of peas.
- ½ cup of tender corn.
- 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- 1 red pepper (finely chopped.)
- A pinch of oregano and cumin.
- Cook the chicken breast in a pressure cooker with water, a pinch of oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Let it cook for about 15 to 20 minutes and remove.
- Take out the chicken breast, let it cool down and shred it with your fingers or with the help of a fork.
- Cook the rice in the water in which you cooked the chicken, add the carrot and peas, along with the salt and cook on high heat until the water evaporates.
- Once the water evaporates, reduce the heat and cover the pot.
- In the meantime, prepare the hogao (Colombian seasoning base), for this, in a pan sauté the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and pepper. When everything is soft, add the tomato sauce.
- Once the rice is ready, let it cool down a bit.
- Then, in a large pot put the rice, tender corn kernels, shredded chicken, and hogao, and stir to integrate everything. And it's ready.