Rice soup is one of those homemade dishes that are very traditional in Colombian families. It is the favorite soup of many, and for some, it reminds us of our mother’s seasoning. It is straightforward to prepare. The truth is that I love those recipes that take very little time in their preparation.
In this soup, the flavor that chicken gives it is spectacular, it also has very basic ingredients such as rice, garlic, carrots, coriander and many others that we want to add, it’s all a matter of taste.
This soup is one of those preferred by Colombian grandmothers. I remember that mine enjoyed it accompanied by a banana, a tradition that my mother inherited. It is a complete dish, perfect for those occasions in which we need to increase our strength, combat those very cold days, or it is unique in those times when you are a little sick of the stomach or need a soft diet.
What I like most about this recipe is that anyone can prepare it, and if you still don’t know how to make it, here we show you, pay attention to each of the ingredients and their preparation, and you will see how this soup will be delicious. I have decided to prepare it because, for me, this soup transports me to my home, it reminds me of those family days.
So allow yourself to prepare this chicken rice soup and surprise your family with this Colombian delight. Break the routine and let’s cook.Español
- 6 chicken pieces
- ½ cup of rice
- 2 potatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic.
- ½ cup carrot
- 1 scallion stalk
- 8 cups of water
- ½ cup peas
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the potato, carrot, onion, and garlic well.
- Chop the potatoes sliced or diced, as well as the carrot, onion, and garlic finely.
- In a pot, place the water with all the ingredients, except rice, potatoes, and coriander.
- Cook for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is almost at its point.
- Then add the rice and potato and continue cooking for 25 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. And ready.
- Serve hot garnish with some coriander.