December’s ideal combinations are fritters and natilla, either for the velitas day 7th and 8th of December or for the 24th of December, but they are actually perfect for any day of the year.
These days families traditionally get together, family members that used to be far away, the family that you have not seen for some time, it is time to return home, get back to the town that saw you grow up, meet with friends and relatives.Español
- 1 pound costeño cheese or feta
- 1 pound cornstarch or corn starch
- 50 grams of Sugar
- 20 grams of baking powder
- 20 grams of cassava starch
- 2 Eggs
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup water
- A pinch of salt
- Start by grinding the cheese.
- Then mix the cheese with the rest of the ingredients, corn starch, sugar, pinch of salt, baking powder and cassava starch.
- Continue to add the eggs and a 1/4 cup of water, Knead the dough until it is smooth. It will be soft but should not be sticky and firm enough to shape into balls.
- Let the dough rest a little, no more than 30 minutes. With your hands make a ball the size you want your Colombian fritters.
- Heat the oil before adding the fritters, carefully do not burn. Fry the balls for at least 10 minutes, stirring them constantly until the fritters are golden.
- Place the fritters on paper towels to drain excess oil.