These wheat flour pancakes or tortas de harina de trigo are very easy to prepare, you can eat them at breakfast, mid-morning or just for a snack. There are two ways to make them, whether sweet or savory, personally, I love sweets and accompany them with a cup of chocolate or coffee.
Best of all, wheat flour is very economic, you can find it in any store or supermarket, the ingredients, in general, are easy to find and very economical, since you only require wheat flour, eggs, salt or sugar, and water, you can also include a pinch of bicarbonate of soda.Español
Let’s go with the recipe:
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water or aguapanela
- Sugar or salt to taste
- 1 pinch baking soda
- Oil for frying
If you prefer them salty, add water and salt to taste and skip the aguapanela.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, egg, baking soda (if you use it), sugar or salt to taste and cup of water or aguapanela.
- Mix all the ingredients very well until you form a dough, the ideal is that it is not so watery, if it is very watery you can add more flour, if on the contrary, it is very dry, you can add more water.
- Place a frying pan with oil over medium heat, with a spoon starting to add the dough to the pan, the size of the cakes will depend on how you want.
- Remove them from the pan and place on paper towels.