These cambray empanadas or empanadas de cambray is one of those unique recipes for those who love the sandwich, and if they like to combine the sandwich with the cheese, it is the perfect recipe. I would say that it is a paradise for people who enjoy combining both flavors and that in this simple recipe, they find a lot of flavors.
It is quite a challenge to learn how to prepare delicious cambray empanadas, and many people think that their preparation is usually tricky. For this reason, they refrain from making it and removing their craving. Today I want to come to break all those myths and all those fears if we cook with love, the kitchen can become our best ally. Well, let me tell you that it is not as complicated as it seems, and it is easier than you think.
If we do not experiment and prepare them, we will never really know how complicated or how easy it can be, and as they say there, everything is a matter of practice, and this is what makes the teacher. The more times we prepare them, each time they will be more delicious, and that is our challenge.
I decided because I have an uncle who lives quite far away, and he loves these empanadas; he is one of those people who change a special lunch for only one empanada, I learned that he came to visit us. I wanted to surprise him, so I put myself in the task of investigating how I could do them, and that’s how I took a chance, I did them, and nowadays I don’t change mine for one of some bakery.
So let’s prepare these delicious cambray empanadas at home, so you lose your fear and, of course, the craving. Let’s cook.Español
- 750 g of cooked corn dough.
- 2 cups of honey or to taste.
- 500 g of white cheese.
- 1 kl of cassava.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of clove powder.
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the grated cassava, 1 cup of honey or to taste, the tablespoon of cloves and cinnamon. Stir the ingredients well and let stand.
- Apart, mix the corn dough with the remaining honey and grated cheese, mix well until the dough is homogeneous.
- Take small portions of the dough and form balls with them, place them between plastic wrap and flatten them with the help of a roller. The idea is that they are like thin arepas. We do this with the other balls.
- Remove the plastic and distribute over the arepas the filling that we prepared in the first step, fold over themselves and close them well, pressing the edges.
- Once you have all the empanadas ready, place them on a can grease with butter for the oven.
- Insert the tray in the preheated oven at 165 ° C for approximately 20 minutes.
- After this time, remove them from the oven, let stand, and are ready to eat them.