The patacones or tostones are made with green plantains or green ripe plantains, peeled, chopped into thick pieces and fried in a generous amount of oil. Throughout Colombia, it is quite common to find this accompaniment in different dishes, for example: in the bandeja paisa, with the fish or fried, with different kinds of rice, among others.
For the recipe of patacones that I want to share today, I will use shredded beef and hogao, which are one of my favorite accompaniments. You can also take advantage of ingredients that are leftover from other preparations or eat them alone, with a pinch of salt.
The main base of this preparation is the plantain, which is very versatile because of the possibility it offers by integrating it into various recipes. It is part of the culinary culture of Colombia as it widely used in gourmet dishes and Creole foods. It is present in many of the country's homes, in foods such as sancocho or beans.
At a nutritional level, green plantains have a type of fermented fiber, potassium, vitamin C and vitamins such as B6, when preparing them, it is best not to eat it fried to avoid losing its properties. However, you can fry it Just for our recipe in some olive or vegetable oil.
Finally, I invite you to make this delicious dish as a family, since it looks and tastes good, it is also straightforward to prepare since you only need a minimum of essential and economical ingredients.Español
- 2 green plantains
- Vegetable oil the necessary amount
- Half cup of water
- Garlic or garlic salt
- Shredded beef see recipe in this blog
- Hogao see recipe in this blog
- Peel the plantains and cut them into trunks of about 4 or 5 centimeters.
- Sauté them in hot oil, and before they completely fried, take them out and crush them with a flat container.
- Dip them in water with a little garlic salt or macerated garlic (option and stir them again in the oil until golden brown.
- Cover the patacones with the shredded beef, with the hogao or guacamole (you can use the companion you have available or the one you like). Serve and delight yourself.