We are in a time when we bring new and different recipes, today the turn is for creamy plantain soup, a truly delicious and delightful proposal.
If you have some green plantains in your house and you still do not know what to prepare with them, then you know, an exquisite green banana cream will not fall badly, and you will surely want to make it more often.
In this recipe, the nutrients of the banana take full advantage, so it gives us many benefits, and that is quite nutritious for our body. This green plantain cream helps us against depression since plantain contains tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin. It helps us fight anemia, improve our eyesight and the appearance of our skin.
The benefits of plantains are many. When you meet them, you will not believe everything that this ingredient can do in our body.
I invite you to prepare this delicious recipe, which will be at an ideal point to eagerly taste, it will be a balance of flavors and a feeling quite different from our taste buds.
So I hope you are encouraged to prepare this creamy plantain soup with us, a fairly balanced and full of benefits recipe. Let's cook.Español
- 3 green plantains
- 8 cups chicken broth vegetables or water.
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a blender, place the onion, garlic, and a cup of broth or water and liqueur.
- Place the mixture in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and add the peeled and sliced bananas, the chopped onions, the chopped carrot, the cumin, the rest of the broth, and pepper.
- Cover the pot and with the medium-low heat, cook for 30 minutes, or until the plantains are soft.
- After this time, pass the broth to the blender and blend until it forms a puree.
- Add the soup to the pot again, stir and cook for ten more minutes.
- If you don’t want it so thick, you can add more broth or water.
- Serve the creamy plantains soup and add the cilantro.