Soups are exceptional for me. This time this egg tortilla soup since at home, I usually make them almost daily with various ingredients. Mainly I like that they are thick, and this is achieved by adding enough potato and allowing it to have good cooking.
I inherited my mother's habit of eating soups since she served as a hot soup at lunchtime. Mainly, she frequently made the tortilla soup, and we loved eating it to grow healthy and active since the egg contains large amounts of protein and nutrients. With this comment, he convinced us to eat it all.
The egg is in a higher protein percentage, both the yolk and the white are beneficial properties for our body. It often heard that the white is terrible because it contains high doses of cholesterol. However, it has significant amounts of vitamin B, iron, calcium, phosphorus, among others. On the part of the yolk, there are excellent comments as it is the part of the egg that contains the most nutrients such as vitamin A, thiamine, and iron, essential nutrients for health.
The egg tortilla soup that we will make is quite common in the Antioquia cuisine, where the recipe has passed from generation to generation and with variation in its ingredients since it popularly made with essential elements such as green plantain, potato, and egg. Still, in many cases, other ingredients such as vegetables and even cassava are used.
When we hear the name of this egg tortilla soup, we may be confused with the soup of Mexican origin, but in this, flour or corn tortilla cuts used and in the Colombian, small, beaten and fried egg tortillas made in a few drops of oil.
Finally, I hope you do not fear to make this egg tortilla soup using the ingredients that you like the most or those you have in the kitchen. It will be ideal for serving at lunchtime or for dinner on a cold night.
Ingredients for preparing egg tortilla soup
How to make egg tortilla soup?Español
- 8 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced cassava or one diced green plantain.
- ½ onion grated or finely chopped
- 1 cup diced Creole potato
- 1 carrot (cut into small cubes)
- ¼ red paprika finely chopped
- 1 branch coriander of finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic macerated
- 5 eggs
- Cumin salt (saffron, and pepper to taste)
- In a large pot, sauté the garlic clove, the red paprika, the onion until it becomes transparent, and then add the cups of chicken broth or water. When it starts to boil, add all the vegetables, potatoes, and cassava.
- Add the salt, cumin, pepper to taste, and the species that you like (if you want to change the color of the soup, you can add a pinch of color or saffron).
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until soup ingredients are soft.
- While the soup boils, beat the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Apart, heat the skillet and add the beaten eggs with the spoon and form the tortillas, you can cut them so that they are not very large.
- When the soup finished, add the tortillas and cook for two more minutes.
- Serve the soup very hot by adding the chopped cilantro and accompanying white rice.