If you're looking for an easy, delicious, and comforting recipe to enjoy on cold or rainy days, the cassava and potato soup is the perfect choice. This traditional soup combines the soft texture of cassava with the creaminess of potatoes and the flavor of meat and spices to create a dish that will warm your body and soul.
In addition to being delicious, the cassava and potato soup is a nutritious and healthy meal that will provide you with the necessary energy to get through the day. With our easy and practical recipe, you can prepare this soup in less than an hour and enjoy it at any time. Dare to try the delicious taste of cassava and potato soup and let it transport you to the flavors and aromas of Colombian cuisine!
Colombian Potato Soup
The Colombian potato soup is a recipe that is traditionally prepared in Colombian homes due to its ease and versatility when preparing it. The ideal is to add some portion of meat or chicken to it, to give it a delicious flavor. Perhaps on some occasions, you prepare it without meat, not always the fridge is full, but still, it is an honorable recipe for any home.
How long does it take to cook the potato and cassava soup?
The total cooking time is approximately 45 minutes, 15 minutes to cook the meat and cassava in the pressure cooker, and another 30 minutes to cook the rest of the ingredients.
Can I make the soup without meat?
Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of the potato and cassava soup without meat. Just omit the meat and use a vegetable broth instead of the meat broth.
What type of meat can I use to make the soup?
You can use beef or chicken to make this recipe. You can also use meat bones to give more flavor to the soup.
Tips and recommendations
- To save time, you can peel and chop the potatoes and cassava in advance and store them in a container covered with water until you are ready to cook.
- To make the potato and cassava soup tastier, you can add some spices such as cumin, oregano, and garlic powder.
- If you like the potato and cassava soup thicker, you can crush some cooked potatoes and cassavas and add them back to the soup.
- Potato and cassava soup is a comforting and warm meal perfect for cold or rainy days. It is also an excellent option for an easy and nutritious lunch.
Not adding enough water to the pot can cause the soup to evaporate too quickly and burn. Make sure to add enough water to cover all the ingredients and keep a covered pot.
Cutting the potatoes and cassava into too small pieces can cause them to disintegrate in the soup. Try to cut them into large, uniform pieces to ensure they do not disintegrate.
Not cooking the meat and cassava in the pressure cooker for the first 15 minutes can cause the soup to take longer to cook and the ingredients not to cook properly. Be sure to cook the meat and cassava in the pressure cooker according to the instructions.
- 1 lb. potato chopped into large slices
- 1 lb. cassava chopped into large pieces
- 4 portions of beef or chicken
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- ½ medium egg onion or 2 finely chopped long onion stems
- Finely chopped cilantro to taste
- ½ cube of ricostilla or maggie
- ½ small grated carrot
- Salt and Color to taste
- If you have arracacha you can add the amount you want.
- Remember to add enough water to the pot.
- In the pressure cooker, we add the meat, the cassava, the salt, and the color, we place on medium-high heat for about 15 minutes with the pot semi-covered.
- Then we add the other ingredients to the pot, the potato, the tomato, the onion, the cilantro, the ricostilla, and the carrot.
- We cover the pot and bring it to medium heat for half an hour.