The peas are also known as alverjas and, in turn, as guisantes or arvejas. We can find dried peas or green ones. The green ones have a shorter cooking time since they are softer.
How to make pea soup in the slow cooker?
To prepare this recipe for pea soup in a slow cooker, follow the instructions of the previous recipe, change the cooking time, remember to place the peas to soak the night before.
Place the peas with enough water for an hour and a half. Check if they have softened at that time. Add the other ingredients and continue cooking over medium heat for another 40 minutes.
Serve and enjoy this delicious soup of Colombian peas.
How to make pea soup with chicken or beef?
To prepare this soup of peas with chicken or meat. You must add the chicken or beef pieces when you add the other ingredients according to the instructions in the previous recipe. You can also use shredded chicken or shredded beef.Español
- 1 Cup of peas
- 2 cups of potato (peeled and chopped into small squares)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (cut into small squares)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- ½ bouillon cube
- Paprika to taste (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- We let the peas soak the night before.
- In a pressure cooker with enough water, add the peas over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Remember to slowly withdraw the air from the pot with the help of a spoon, do not put it in the dishwasher’s key to cool, since the change in temperature could cause the pot to explode.
- We add those with more ingredients, the potato, the carrot, the onion, the bouillon cube, the tomato, the garlic, the paprika and the salt to taste.
- We continue cooking for 20 more minutes over medium heat.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious soup.