I am sure that you will love this delicious recipe of Colombian aborrajados, you will only need two main ingredients, ripe plantains, and cheese, a perfect combination.
Ripe plantains are in many recipes of our gastronomy, you can cook them, you can make fried slices, prepare these boarded and when they are green, you can make patacones, for more complete recipes such as using them in a delicious sancocho or beans.
Enjoy preparing this delicious recipe. You can also add guava candy or snack, place it next to the cheese before forming the ripe plantain cakes, and follow the other steps.
Receta original en Español
- 2 ripe plantains
- Frying oil
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese or the one of your choice
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- a pinch of salt
- In a skillet or large pot, place the oil to heat over medium heat.
- Peel the plantains and cut them in half, add them to the skillet or pot and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Let the plantains fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown on all sides, remember to flip them.
- Place the plantains on paper towels to drain excess oil. Then with the help of two plastics, put each plantain in the middle and crush them by hand or with a flat plate.
- Now place a slice of mozzarella cheese on each crushed plantain and wrap the plantain forming a tortica, press the edges to seal very well.
- In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, and salt add the eggs little by little, add the milk to form a soft dough. On the side.
- Dip each plantain tortica in the dough mixture and take to fry in the skillet over medium heat for two minutes or until golden brown, remember to flip them for uniform cooking.
- Drain on paper towels, serve and enjoy your boast with a good cup of chocolate.