It is a preparation consisting of fried slices of sausage and french fries (also using another type of sausage other than sausage, replacing its name for example, ‘the choripapa’). It accompanied by different sauces, such as tomato sauce, mustard, chili pepper cream. In many places, they usually add a fried egg or a quail egg or slices of melted cheese. It is also often accompanied by tomato and lettuce.
In any case, it is delicious, salchipapas are the ideal dish to please the smallest of the house, and of course, if they are made based on two ingredients that they usually adore, potatoes and sausages. It is a relatively simple preparation with ingredients straightforward to find anywhere.
Children love it, and some adults also enjoy eating a Salchipapa. I must admit that I love this preparation, and more if I add pink sauce and quail eggs. Just thinking about it makes me very hungry and wants to prepare one to calm my craving.
It is challenging to resist craving this delight at any time of the day. Also, it is the ideal and favorite snack for a moment of leisure, to accompany a movie night at home, for a meeting of friends, or craving to go light the kitchen.
So we will prepare our Salchipapa, a recipe with a reasonably limited cost, a short and straightforward process, so much so that in two steps, we could have a Salchipapa ready at home without going out. Let’s cook.Español
- 4 potatoes cut into sticks.
- 6 slices of salchicha.
- Vegetable oil.
- Salt to taste.
For the pink sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ to 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 8 tomatoes peeled (seeded and chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Place the oil to heat over high heat, while heating, add salt to the potatoes.
- Once the oil is hot, sauté the potatoes for approximately 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the potatoes. When ready, take them out and reserve them.
- Add the salchicha. When they are available, take them out.
- You can put potatoes and sausages on paper towels to remove excess fat and serve immediately.
- Remember that you can add the salt you want, quail eggs, or accompany them with coleslaw.
To prepare the homemade pink sauce:
- Blend the egg, chopped onion, and lemon juice until the onions crushed.
- Continue to blend and add the oil slowly until the mayonnaise becomes thick, but without letting it become too thick, the consistency should be almost like a sauce.
- Add salt to taste and milk, which helps the mayonnaise maintain that white color.
- Transfer most of the mayonnaise to a bowl, and place the chopped tomatoes in the blender.
- Blend the tomatoes until pureed, put the mayonnaise back in the bowl, and blend it with the tomato puree until everything is well-mixed taste, and rectify the salt.
- Store the sauce in the refrigerator until serving time.