I love preparing Asian dishes like this chop suey. In these, you can take advantage of all the vegetables. Also, use meats of any kind, which provide flavor and aroma to the preparation; and produce large amounts of protein to the body.
I enjoy this dish a lot when I prepare it, the famous chop suey, a typical Chinese recipe, and quite a lot. In Colombia, it is quite common to find dishes made and accompanied by large amounts of vegetables. Its preparation uses different vegetables, sauteed with a little sauce and bean sprouts. In minutes you have a pretty delicious recipe.
Is chop suey good?
This recipe came to Colombia to stay, and it is that in every place of the country, it is common to find Chinese food restaurants that offer it as an accompaniment to their menus. When I met her, I hesitated a little to try it since it bathed in a lot of sauce. However, after tasting the first portion, I was delighted, so much so that I learned to prepare it, and I often serve it to delight my family.
The secret trick to prepare chop suey
In this recipe for chop suey, I use an extraordinary trick that gives meats or chicken a unique flavor that I incorporate into it. Before I sauté the vegetables, I put the meat to marinate in a mixture of sugar and sauce soy, in this way, the taste and color reach its maximum expression.
I also consider cutting vegetables of the same size so that when they skip they have the same cooking and they do not pass or remain hard, although each of these can add or not by one according to the hardness have
Finally, I hope that all the ingredients that I propose in the chop suey recipe are to your liking. Otherwise, you can easily replace them with the ones you like best. Even if you don't eat meat, this is an excellent alternative.
Ingredients for preparing chop suey
How to make chicken chop sueyEspañol
- A breast cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion cut into julienne
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carrot cut into thin julienne
- ½ cup cabbage cut into thin strips
- 1 red or yellow paprika cut into julienne
- 1 celery branch cut into thin slices
- ½ cucumber without skin or seeds and cut into thin julienne
- 5 sprigs of broccoli halved
- ½ cup well-washed Soybean sprout
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste or a well-macerated garlic
- ½ cup soy sauce
- Oregano (salt, pepper and thyme to taste)
- Beforehand, make a sugar mixture with a quarter cup of soy sauce, add it to a bowl along with the chicken pieces and let it marinate for about 25 minutes.
- Drain the chicken that already marinated and adds it even wok (Sauté n deep with the tablespoon of oil and start to sauté it at medium-high temperature.
- After one minute, add the vegetables one by one, starting with the onion, garlic, carrot, cabbage, and paprika and continue stirring. Finish adding the broccoli and celery.
- Add the quarter cup of soy sauce, salt, and spices to taste. While stirring. All of the above takes about 12 minutes.
- Finally, add the Soybean sprout and cook for four more minutes or until you notice that the vegetables are ready.
- Serve hot with a serving of brown rice or whole-wheat bread.