Cereals are plants grown for their grain, contain starch, and used in food. Among the most used cereals in our country are:
It is a fruit of a cereal plant, it is edible, and it comes in the form of elongated grain, white.
In our kitchen, it mainly used to make different types of rice, such as rice with carrots, rice, rice with chicken, although we also find the famous rice salad, among others. It is eaten as a main course or as an accompaniment to other preparations. A certain food in Colombian homes, its consumption is daily, and its benefits are as follows:
- It gives us energy since it is abundant in carbohydrates, it also helps us in the functioning of the brain.
- It prevents obesity, since it does not contain harmful fats, so it is part of a balanced diet.
- It controls blood pressure, which is why it is considered one of the best foods for people with hypertension.
- Protects our skin since it is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Boosts our cardiovascular health.
The amount of preparations found in Colombia with this ingredient is impressive; it allows us to create new things in the kitchen and is very popular in most restaurants.
It is an edible seed. It is small and bulky, usually yellow.
In our kitchen, it serves to prepare many typical recipes from different regions, among them the tamale, the mazamorra, wrapped, among other preparations. Its most outstanding benefits are:
- It is delicious food for our brain since it is rich in folic acid and other vitamins.
- It has a satiating effect, ideal for controlling appetite.
- It is perfect for pregnant women.
- It does not contain gluten.
This food is part of Colombian cuisine, creating with it the typical recipes of our regions.
It is a seed or grain. It used to make flour, whole wheat flour, beer, and other quantity of products.
In Colombia, wheat usually found in the form of flour. Which serves to prepare different foods, such as crepes, cakes, tortillas, etc. It is also used to thicken some sauces or creams and is used in bakeries to make cookies or breads. Many of its benefits found in the husk or wheat germ, such as the following:
- It helps us against diabetes.
- Regulates intestinal transit.
- It prevents breast cancer, as it contains fito-sterols, which trap the excess estrogen that we take in the diet.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- Strengthens hair and nails for its contribution to vitamins.
- Regulate our immune system.
It is a cereal plant of thin reeds. Its leaves are narrow, its flowers in panicles, and its seed or grain serves as food for people.
In our kitchen, oatmeal used to prepare various recipes. As in corn flakes, either in the laundry or as a milkshake. To add to salads and also for the preparation of some dishes such as pancakes. Its most outstanding benefits are:
- It helps us control cholesterol.
- It controls sugar, stimulates the activity of the pancreas, and is a source of slow assimilation energy.
- It is protective of some types of cancer, such as colon, breast, or prostate.
- It balances our nervous system.
- It helps strengthen the muscle, which makes it ideal for athletes.
- It is very digestive, so a daily oatmeal intake is recommended.
- It is a cereal with high protein intake. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
Grains and legumes, fruits, and general ingredients.Post original en Español
Leave a Reply