This oatmeal soup is another popular recipe in Colombian homes, and I love it. After a long time, I found the perfect way to prepare it, and now every time I can, I don’t miss the opportunity to make this simple soup.
Is oatmeal soup for weight loss?
This soup is an excellent option for lunch and especially for dinner, and if you are trying to lose weight, this is the ideal and perfect soup for that. Oatmeal soup can provide some benefits to our body and also leave us with a great feeling of satiety so that it will take a little longer the effect of fullness.
Can ground oats be used?
Oatmeal soup usually prepared with flaked oatmeal, anywhere, or where you are going to consume this soup. You will find it this way, and to be honest, I cannot imagine a soup made with ground oats, It would lose part of its essence and perhaps its taste is not the same. It is for this reason that I recommend using oatmeal in flakes.
The time of its preparation is quite short, and the result is a different soup, but it is full of flavor, I assure you that once you try it, you will not regret it and prepare it a little more often. For this and many more reasons, I invite you to make this delicious homemade oatmeal soup with lots of love. Let’s cook.
How to make oatmeal soup?Español
- 10 tablespoons oat flakes
- 4 cups of chicken broth.
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- shredded chicken to taste Optional
- Coriander to taste Optional
- In a pot over medium heat, place the broth, milk, oatmeal, onion, saffron, bay leaf, shredded chicken (if you use it), and salt.
- Boil for 30 minutes.
- Add the wine, lower the heat, and serve hot by adding cilantro to taste.