One of the most delicious homemade desserts, the papaya dessert, which becomes quite popular in times of Easter or Christmas, but this does not mean that these dates only prepare it. It can prepare at any time of the year.
As a post re, as an appetizer, and why not, to quench a craving, then, to tell the truth, this beautiful sweet combined with a few pieces of cheese tastes delicious, two different flavors, which alternated in the same dish creates an incredible flavor.
What benefits does papaya have in our bodies?
Colombia has a great variety of fruits, all of them provide vitamins, minerals, and different benefits for our health, and fruit-like papaya is no exception, so here I leave some of them.
- It is an excellent diuretic: since it is a fruit that handles high water content.
- Increases natural defenses: since it contains vitamin C, the daily amount needed for an adult.
- Improves skin health: it contains vitamin A, a nutrient that improves the health of the skin, the mucous membranes, and the immune system.
- Fights constipation: since papaya is rich in fiber, which is responsible for absorbing water and improves the consistency of feces.
- Improves digestion: it contains papain; it is responsible for enhancing the digestive process and allowing the body to eliminate excess toxins.
- Control the weight: because papain also helps the breakdown of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.
And just as there are many more the benefits that papaya brings. Helping to care, provide, and improve many functions in our body.
I hope you are encouraged to prepare this delicious papaya dessert, which will leave you wanting to make it more often. Let's cook.
How to make papaya dessert?Español
- 300 g of ripe papaya.
- 100 g brown sugar
- The juice of half a lemon.
- The zest of half a lemon peel.
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 240 ml of water
- Peel and cut the papaya in half and remove all the seeds.
- Cut the papaya into medium slices and place it in a medium pot with the sugar.
- Add the water, and bring to a boil over medium heat, cover the pot and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- After this time, uncover the pot and add a bit of lemon zest, cinnamon powder, and vanilla extract.
- Boil over low heat for about 35 minutes, or until the syrup thickens.
- Add the lemon juice, remove from heat, and let stand a few minutes. And ready.
- Remember that you can accompany it with pieces of cheese.