What other name does this pumpkin dessert get?
The pumpkin dessert or sweet auyama known in many places for being a traditional and delicious dessert and that depending on the region or the country in which this dessert spoke, it can receive various names, such as dulce de auyama or candy pumpkin. Any of these names with which we find it leads us to the same delicacy.
It is a dessert that I remember a lot from my childhood because it is my grandfather in his land sowed the famous pumpkin, which is why it was widespread to see 2 or 3 every week. We consumed the pumpkin in soups, in compotes, and to vary a little; we made that delicious dessert.
My dad is in charge of planting in the back of the house. It is still widespread at home to consume this wonderful delicacy. And I know that many people have consumed this auyama candy, but many times they don't know how to do it, cooking time and a few other things. That is why it occurred to me to prepare it.
It is a dessert that I never get tired of eating, and when I combine it with some slices of cheese, it becomes an irresistible portion because this way, the sweet is reduced a little, and the cheese gives an extreme sensation of freshness to our palate.
It is something you have to experience, and try that amount of sensations that can cause a single bite, so I hope you are encouraged to prepare it at home this pumpkin dessert. Let's cook.Español
- 1 pumpkin (1kg.)
- 1 lb of panela
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves.
- 3 cups of water
- Wash the pumpkin very well, cut it in half, and remove the seeds and membranes.
- Cut the pumpkin into medium or small pieces and place them in a large pot with the broken brown sugar, the cinnamon, the clove, and the water.
- Let it boil over medium heat for about 30 minutes. Cover the pot.
- After this time, uncover and simmer another 30 to 45 minutes or until the thickened thickens and the pumpkin is very soft.
- Remove from heat, and serve.
Enjoy your meal!
If you liked this pumpkin dessert, you could also prepare a pumpkin cake.