This emblematic dish, full of flavor and tradition, captures the essence of Colombian culture, delivering a burst of flavors that tantalize from the very first bite.
Made with love and care, the pork ribs are bathed in a marinade of garlic, oil, vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper, soaking up every flavor note to then be roasted to perfection. But that's not all, the juicy roasted cherry tomatoes complement the ribs sublimely, adding an extra layer of taste.
If you're seeking a culinary experience that delights your senses and rekindles your love for Colombian cuisine, the Roasted Pork Ribs are the perfect choice. So prep your oven and utensils because today you'll transform into a true Colombian chef.
For those who adore roasted pork ribs, this is a perfect and irresistible option. This time, the choice was to roast them in the oven to achieve a crispy finish. And I must say, we succeeded; the oven lends a crispiness that a grill or regular skillet cannot.
What can we pair with oven-baked pork ribs? This dish is delicious, and the best part is the diverse side options, like creamy native potato mash, a vegetable salad with vinaigrette, or roasted native potatoes. In other words, the accompaniments are endless, allowing for various flavor combinations, resulting in outstanding tastes.
I recall my mother occasionally making these splendid ribs for us; there were never any leftovers.
How can we marinate the ribs before cooking?
There are various ways to marinate our ribs, and personally, I think it also largely depends on personal taste. Today, for instance, our marinade was mild because I particularly enjoy the taste of garlic, making it my star ingredient. But you can choose to marinate with beer, chimichurri sauce, herbs, and spices, or even keep them natural.
How do I get the ribs juicy inside but crispy outside?
Achieving juicy and crispy ribs revolves around cooking time and temperature. Cooking the ribs at 180°C for about 45 minutes typically achieves this. However, monitor them as oven times can vary. If they seem too dry, add some water midway through to retain moisture.
Can I use another type of vinegar for the marinade?
Absolutely, you can experiment with different vinegars, like apple cider or balsamic, to provide a unique flavor.
Do I need to marinate the ribs for long?
Ideal marinating time varies. The longer you marinate, the more flavorful they become. If you're short on time, 15 minutes should suffice.
Can I add other ingredients?
Yes, add ingredients like mustard, honey, brown sugar, or soy sauce to elevate the ribs' taste.
What other side dishes can I serve with the roasted pork ribs?
Aside from roasted tomatoes, consider baked potatoes, coleslaw, roasted vegetables, or plain rice.
Chef's Tips and Tricks
- When smearing the ribs with marinade, ensure every part is covered for consistent flavor.
- If possible, use a meat thermometer. The ribs should reach an internal temperature of 70°C.
- While roasting cherry tomatoes, don't overdo it; they should be slightly soft but maintain shape.
Common mistakes when making roasted pork ribs
- Not marinating long enough: At least 15 minutes is recommended. If possible, marinating overnight is ideal.
- Excessive heat: If cooked at a high temperature, they might become dry and tough. Low and slow is the key.
Step-by-step instructions to prepare roasted pork ribs:
- 700 g ribs.
- 12 cherry tomatoes.
- 4 garlic cloves.
- A dash of vinegar.
- Salt and pepper.
- Peel the garlic cloves, place them in a masher or mortar, and mash with a good amount of oil, a bit of vinegar, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the ribs with this mixture and let marinate for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven.
- After this time, place them on an oven tray and roast for approximately 45 minutes at 180°C. If they seem too dry, add a bit of water midway.
- If they're not cooked to your liking after 45 minutes, leave them in a bit longer.
- Pan-fry the cherry tomatoes in a skillet with some oil and parsley.
- If you don't have cherry tomatoes, you can use regular red tomatoes and add some herbs or spices.
- Serve the ribs with these tomatoes or any side dish of your choice.