The pork leg roast is a whole pork leg with skin and bones, which is marinated for a while and then slowly cooked in the oven. It is a dish that is consumed very frequently at any time of the year. However, in many countries, the tradition is to eat it at the time of December time.
Its mode of presentation makes anyone crave because it looks tasty and delicious. Although how it prepared is also very important, it cannot leave raw inside.
This pork leg characterized by being impregnated with the flavors offered by the marinade, and then, the cooking melts the fat, which gives an incredible aroma to the meat. At the same time, it becomes tender for at least 3 hours, depending on its size. Its skin is crispy and elastic, and its meat, incredibly juicy and tender.
Do not be scared to think that this recipe takes a long time. It is very simple. It only takes time to be marinated and baked. One of the risks that taken when preparing this meat is overcooking it, although that risk will be very minimal as long as the meat cooked at a low temperature.
One suggestion before starting to prepare this recipe is that if your oven is tiny, it is best to cover the leg with aluminum foil while baking and remove it at the end so that it browns well so that we will avoid burning or burning. Cook more on the outside than on the inside let’s cook.Español
- 1 pork leg of approximately 5kg.
- Salt to taste.
- The juice of 4 oranges or lemons.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon grilled salt.
- Turn on the oven at a medium temperature (160 ° C).
- Now, on the skin of the leg makes some diamond-shaped cuts. We add the normal salt by rubbing the meat very well and trying to penetrate the cuts.
- Place some nails to taste in the vertices of these cuts.
- Spread a baking sheet with olive oil. Place the leg there, trying to keep the skin up and reserve.
- In a mortar, place the peeled cloves of garlic, grilled salt, pepper, and oregano. Mace until a homogeneous paste is obtained and add the orange or lemon juice.
- Cover the leg with this marinade and take it to the oven.
- Remember that cooking should be slow and prolonged, about 3 hours.
- Every 30 or 40 minutes, sauté the leg with the liquids that come together at the bottom so that it will take its flavor very well. And ready.
- You can accompany your leg with rice, or with a salad of lettuce, tomato, and onion. It all depends on your taste.