If you are a lover of cooking and wine, this recipe for Red Wine Poached Pears has put in the book of perfection. It is a dish full of flavor and that leaving no doubt to exploit all the taste of the wine in a simple preparation.
I love pears, it is one of my favorite fruits, and what makes me have the opportunity to see some enology classes in my culinary cooking classes, I have become a fan of the taste of wine. Exploring a little in the world of cooking, I stumbled upon this fantastic recipe, and I did not believe that something so simple was full of many flavors.
Red wine poached pears are one of those recipes that could wrap myself in a world full of flavor, and I want to tell you that I could reach heaven and explore paradise in that bite.
What is the best ingredient to flavor this recipe?
This recipe is usually flavored with cinnamon, although you can also flavor with vanilla, with the peel of some citrus fruits, such as lemon or orange; You can even add an exotic touch, with the flavor that star anise brings, or cardamom and even cloves.
Can this dessert be eaten at any time of the year?
These Red wine poached pears are a beautiful dish, which I recommend when thinking about a tasty dessert, ideal for any time, any occasion and any day of the year. Moreover, if you decide to eat it in winter or freezing times as a hot dessert, you are making the right decision because it adapts to a tasty dessert, both cold and hot.
If you make it hot, do not forget to tone this dessert with a few slices of orange, its flavor will explode more.
Let's not talk anymore, and let's cook these delicious pears with red wine.Español
- 8 pears
- 500 ml of aging red wine.
- 350 g of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 800 ml of water
- Remove the peel from the pears.
- Once peeled, place them in a pot, put them over medium-low heat, and add the wine, cinnamon stick, sugar, and water.
- Once it starts to boil, cover the pot and let it cook until the pears are tender and the broth is thick.
- Be careful, the fire must remain medium-low, and for them to be at their point, it can take around 30 to 40 minutes.
- After this time, they will be ready to be summoned.