Imagine closing your eyes and indulging in a burst of fresh, vibrant sweetness on your palate. Now, open your eyes and get ready to turn that dream into reality. We introduce the Strawberry Dessert, a creation that is much more than a mere sweet dish; it's a song for the senses, a hug to the soul, and a journey of flavors taking you straight to the heart of Colombian cuisine.
In Colombia, a country of rich biodiversity and privileged climate, strawberries are more than just a fruit; they are a symbol of our land, fresh and juicy. In this dessert, we transform them into a true edible masterpiece. This dessert embodies the love Colombians feel for our cuisine, a blend of textures and flavors dancing together in perfect harmony.
So, if you're a strawberry lover with a special place in your heart for desserts, this is your moment. We'll guide you step by step to prepare the most amazing, soft, and heavenly strawberry dessert you've ever tasted. A dessert that will not only be the star of your table but will also become one of your favorite recipes to share on special occasions with your loved ones.
Strawberry dessert is one of those flavors that never disappoints. It's a fruit that children love, and best of all, adults do too, so it's worth making.
In our recipe, you'll find all the flavor of strawberries and its unmatched little bits that add so much taste. It's a unique and different recipe you can make at home. Give it a try!
Differences with Other Recipes
This dessert recipe is bursting with flavor, as we ensure that when preparing it, its taste remains intact, letting you enjoy the true flavor of strawberries.
The strawberry bits in this dessert are perfect, making its taste even more prominent, highlighting the strawberry flavor.
Its preparation is straightforward, easy, and economical, making it an ideal dessert when on a tight budget yet wanting to enjoy something genuinely delicious.
What is a dessert?
It's no secret that dessert is a sweet or semi-sweet dish typically consumed at the end of a meal, intended to finish off a meal on a high note, or as a pleasant surprise for the diner.
Desserts allow for creativity and variety since they can be prepared in many flavors, such as blackberry, Oreo, pineapple, strawberry, etc.
How to Prepare a Strawberry Dessert?
First, dissolve the gelatin in hot water and mix so that no lumps form, then set aside. Wash the strawberries, blend part of them, and set aside.
Heat the milk, cream, cream cheese, and sugar. Once lukewarm, stir the gelatin-water mixture again and add it to the pot. Stir until everything is completely dissolved, remove from heat, and add the blended strawberries.
Now, chop the remaining strawberries into small pieces, add them to the previous mixture and stir. Pour the mixture into glasses or a dish and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. And there you have it, an easy and delightful strawberry dessert.
What to Pair it With?
Desserts are usually eaten on their own. However, this dessert can be paired with whipped cream, or specifically, Chantilly cream. The two flavors combine beautifully, and you'll love it.
Tips and Recommendations
- The combination of milk, cream, and cream cheese will make this dessert even more delicious. If you don't have cream cheese, no worries.
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces; this will enhance the strawberry flavor.
Benefits of Strawberries
- Strawberries are a low-calorie fruit, containing fiber, helping regulate digestive processes and reducing hunger sensation.
- Strawberries have a high content of ascorbic acid, pectin, and lecithin, which help lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Strawberries act as a potent natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory due to their manganese content.
- Passion Fruit Dessert: If you want to vary the dessert flavor, try this recipe.
- Tiramisu: A completely delicious dessert different from the others.
- Chicken in Strawberry Sauce: Continue using a fruit like strawberries; this recipe is perfect.
Ingredients for Strawberry Dessert
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 400 g cream
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 packet of strawberry gelatin
- Dissolve the gelatin in hot water and stir until no lumps form. Set aside.
- Blend 350g of strawberries and set aside.
- Heat the milk, cream, cream cheese, and sugar. Once lukewarm, stir the gelatin-water mixture again and add it to the pot.
- Stir until everything is completely dissolved, remove from heat, and add the blended strawberries.
- Chop the remaining 150g strawberries into small pieces, add them to the previous mixture, and stir.
- Pour the mixture into glasses or a dish and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. And that's it.