This recipe for green rice is a very healthy, delicious, and economical option widespread in Latin America, mainly in countries like Colombia, Peru, and Mexico.
If healthy food is about, this recipe is perfect; remember that each dish should include 20% of some protein, 50% of vegetables or fruits, and 30% of carbohydrates, in this case, it will be green rice. With this amount on our plate, we will have a relatively balanced and healthy diet for our bodies.
Green rice is a relatively easy option for those days when we want to vary our food menu a bit, break the routine, and eat something a little different. This rice is an excellent complement to different recipes, and you can accompany it or with meats such as pork, chicken, or beef.
If you are looking to find a balance, avoid accompanying it with other cereals, such as beans or lentils, and better complement your lunch with a healthy salad or a portion of steamed vegetables. They are quite healthy options, but also delicious.
What I like most about this green rice is its smell, since when using vegetables or some herbs, it makes it an intensely aromatic, delicious, and healthy dish. Mixing this ingredient with either parsley, coriander, or spinach makes us bring many benefits and feed our body and that of our children.
I hope you are encouraged to prepare this delicious green rice dish, which only takes 30 minutes to make, and its result is incredible. You know, change the routine and dare to cook something different. Let’s cook.Español
- ½ pound of rice
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth or water.
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup parsley or coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- In the blender, add the chicken or vegetable broth (if not, use spinach, parsley or coriander leaves, salt, and pepper, and liquefy until everything is homogeneous. Reserve.
- In a pot, add the oil, together with the onion and garlic finely chopped, brown a little, and add the rice. Pearl and frequently stir so that it will not burn.
- After a few minutes, add the blended mixture (you can add it like this or strain it).
- Let it boil, and when the water has dried, cover the pot and lower the heat.
- Let the rice cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- After this time, turn off the heat and let stand a few minutes.
- Serve hot.