The mantecadas or corn cake is bread, usually made with corn, butter, and eggs, a Colombian cake that is quite popular in Bogotá, the capital of Colombia. It is a bread that many people prefer to eat freshly prepared and out of the oven, and that accompany it with strawberry candy or a pure glass of milk.
The mantecadas are very simple and easy to prepare. Still, it has an exceptional characteristic that differentiates this cake from others, and it is its unique touch, the touch of liquor, in most cases, it usually carries brandy. However, some have wanted to experience or change the brandy for another liqueur of their liking, such as rum.
For those who add liquor to this preparation, it is a delight. In reality, I have to tell you that the brandy or rum does not give it a robust flavor to the shortening since it is added in tiny portions, so small, that It has become a suitable dish for children as well as adults to consume. It said with the purpose that the liquor gives specific notes to the cake.
It is not necessary to add liquor. You can choose not to add this ingredient, and the flavor of the mantecadas will remain delicious.
So go ahead and prepare these delicious mantecadas, it will be you who say if you put the liquor or not, although the amount we will use will be quite minimal, and do not forget to enjoy it with a blackberry candy or a glass of milk. Surprise your family, and let's cook.
If you liked these mantecadas, you might like sweet chicharrones or chocolate dessert.Receta original en Español
- 250 g of sugar
- 570 g of cornmeal.
- 250 g of butter
- 60 g wheat flour
- 250 ml of milk
- 6 eggs
- 8 g of baking powder.
- 4 tablespoons of brandy optional.
- Sweet sprinkles Optional
- In a large bowl, with the help of an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the butter with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating very well after each addition.
- In another bowl, mix the cornmeal, wheat flour, and baking powder.
- Add the previous mixture to the mixer a little bit until it is smooth and lump-free.
- Add the milk, the four tablespoons of brandy, and beat a bit more.
- In a well-oiled mold, add portions of the size you want to form the shortbread, or you can empty the entire mixture to form a complete cake and then split it into pieces and bring it to the preheated oven at 180 ° C.
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- After this time, take out of the oven, decorate with sweet sprinkles or a little sugar and ready to enjoy
Leave a Reply