For this recipe, we will prepare delicious fried ripe plantain empanadas, stuffed with cheese inside. At the time of eating, we can taste them and witness the wonderful sensations of this recipe. The combination of ripe banana with cheese is undoubtedly perfect.
Can you only carry cheese inside?
We have decided to bring a balanced balance in our recipe, because the cheese slightly detracts the sweet from the ripe plantain, making it not harassing our palate after having eaten several ripe plantain patties.
If you like sweet recipes, you can add guava paste inside, and if you combine it with cheese, it will be perfect.
Can they be baked?
A very healthy idea if you prefer to eat healthily or you are forbidden to consume oil and fats, there is a very valid option and that, instead of using a fatty method to fry the empanadas, you use the oven. I assure you that your result will be equally fantastic.
You found a different way to consume the banana, and to experience all the flavor that it can bring in this type of recipes, in particular, it is the main ingredient that plays a crucial role. It manages to be a very or very exotic and at the same time, quite unusual appetizer, which can enjoy at breakfast, on an afternoon full of friends or at a light dinner. I hope you are encouraged to prepare these delicious ripe plantain empanadas. Let's cook.
How to make ripe plantain empanadas
Accompany these delicious ripe plantain empanadas with a cup of coffee.Receta original en Español
- 4 piece ripe plantains
- 8 cups of water
- 1 piece egg
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Frying oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and cut the plantains in half. In a pot with water, bring to a boil over medium heat with a little salt. Cook until soft.
- Once cooked, remove the peel and, with the help of a fork, mash until a puree obtained. Let it cool.
- Add the egg, flour, vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Shape 12 balls with the dough, crush, and round.
- Add the cheese, fold in half and press a little by the edge so that it sealed.
- Sauté on both sides until golden brown, without letting them burn.
- Drain on absorbent paper, and if you want, you can sprinkle with sugar.