And we are not going to be famous for these last two categories if we Colombians love candy, and more because we have a tradition of planting sugarcane, and also because we include panela in many of our Preparations and recipes.
Because of the delicious taste of the candy, and the tradition of sugar and panela, we have created traditional desserts and sweets, thus finding the guava paste, the panelitas with coconut, and what could not be missing the cuca cookies. However, we have an extensive repertoire of desserts and sweets that make all Colombians happy every day.
The cucas cookies are black, sweet cookies, which have a soft and slightly crunchy texture. They are ideal for enjoying a family afternoon accompanied by a good glass of cold milk; I believe that there is no better pleasure than that, to enjoy this delicacy and accompanied by the people we love most.
Can you replace the panela with another sweet?
Traditionally these cuca cookies are made of panela, but if you cannot use this ingredient, it is advisable to replace it with brown sugar. In this way, we will approach the sweet that we want to achieve in the cookie and primarily to give it the color we want in this preparation.
They are very delicious cookies that I recommend you make them; I can assure you that you will not regret it because of a delicacy like this one you will not find anywhere else. So cheer up and let's cook.
Accompany these cuca cookies with a glass of milk or cornstarch pudding.Receta original en Español
- ½ cup of water
- 250 g of panela in small pieces or grated.
- 5 cloves
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Prepare the syrup; in a pot place the water, the panela, and the spice cloves place over medium-high heat until it dissolves completely. You will have a cup of syrup.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Sift the flour, and mix with the cup of syrup, ground ginger, cinnamon, butter, and baking soda, mix well to form a dough, but without kneading too much.
- With the oil grease, a metal baking sheet.
- Now, with the help of your hands, make small balls of the size you like and place them on the tray, and the fingers smeared with flour or with a fork, crush the balls until they reach the circular shape, leave a thickness of ½ cm less.
- Perform the same procedure with the rest of the dough, being careful not to gather them much on the tray, as these cookies grow.
- Take the plate to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and ready.
- Take them out of the oven, take the cookies off the tray, and fresh.
Leave a Reply