Pizza is a recipe that I love since it can prepare with various ingredients, such as salted meats, vegetables, fine herbs, or sweet with the preferred fruits. I also like it because you can bake and add cheese, which is an ingredient that I enjoy a lot because it increases the flavor of the preparations.
How to make a cauliflower base for pizza?
Traditionally, pizza made with a wheat flour dough base, which is mixed with water, yeast, salt, and kneaded enough to give it elasticity and texture, it is usually round, and cheese can add to the edge.
Recommendations for a perfect pizza
Although, in this way, it is vibrant today in our recipe, I want to present you with another alternative to replace the base that I described earlier. For this, we will use cauliflower, and it is essential to take into account the following recommendations to make it perfect:
- The first thing to keep in mind is that a large cauliflower is needed, san a, that is to say, that it does not have blackheads because they could be fungi or although it has them on the outside they can remove by cutting them.
- The cauliflower must be grated with a fine grater so that it is powdered, as if it were cheese, after grating it, it must be taken to the microwave oven to precook it.
- So that the dough is compact and does not crumble, you must add an egg, enough cheese, and mix very well.
- Before adding the other ingredients, it must be added to an oven-safe can, with the hand giving it a round shape and taking it to the oven for a few minutes so that the base is precooked.
Finally, this pizza is very similar to the traditional ones. However, the texture when tasting it is much softer with a mild cauliflower flavor that has been very pleasant when eaten in each bite.
If you do not want to add a tomato paste that already prepares, you can do it by following the homemade pizza recipe found in our blog.
How to make cauliflower-based pizza?Español
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 400 gr of grated mozzarella cheese.
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup diced ham
- 1 cup of shredded chicken
- ¼ cup of paprika cut into small julienne.
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- To prepare the dough, split the cauliflower into corsages and then grate with the grater or process so that it is powdered, then microwave for 8 minutes.
- After this time, you must drain to remove the water it contains. Add the salt, the egg, half of the mozzarella cheese and stir well to form a thick paste.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
- On a baking sheet, add the mixture and give it a rounded and flat shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes to cook the dough.
- Take it out and add the chosen ingredients, tomato paste, the rest of mozzarella cheese, ham, chicken, paprika, and sprinkle the oregano.
- Bake for seven more minutes to finish cooking and gratin.
- Serve hot to enjoy the melted cheese.