Before, I was not very fond of cauliflower because of its particular smell. I was not very pleasant; in addition to washing, the cauliflower is quite rigorous since it could leave with insects or fungi, which would not be healthy at the time of consuming it.
Now, this perception has changed. I have learned to fight the smell, passing it through boiling water, and in the wash, I am quite careful cleaning each stem. That is why I am not afraid to consume it in every possible way, for example, in torticas, creams, or soups.
In this recipe, I love the flavor that cauliflower acquires when mixed with mozzarella cheese and béchamel sauce. Since this vegetable receives a tender and crunchy texture and the sauce gives it quite softness, which is an excellent combination to savor.
Is it challenging to prepare this recipe for cauliflower gratin with cheese?
This preparation does not require the use of a lot of time and has no difficulty. Well, bring it to a boil for a few minutes, then take it to an oven-safe container, bathe it with the sauce and cheese and take it to the oven for a few minutes to gratin.
It is essential to keep in mind that, if they do not have an oven, there is another alternative to consider, in this case, it is to leave the cauliflower in a large pot, add the sauce, the cheese and let it melt.
How to accompany the preparation?
After preparing the cauliflower gratin with cheese and béchamel sauce, you can get nobody to refuse to try it at home since its presentation is excellent, and the taste not even said. It can be a great alternative to serve as a snack, as a side dish for meats, purees, or rice.
Step by step instructions Cauliflower Gratin with Cheese
This recipe is also an excellent alternative for children to fall in love with this vegetable, which, if served alone, may not be very attractive to them.
If you liked this recipe of cauliflower gratin with cheese, you could also prepare cauliflower cream or cauliflower-based pizzaReceta original en Español
Cauliflower Gratin with Cheese and Béchamel SauceImprimir Pin Comentar
- 2 mediums sized cauliflower.
- 50 gr of mozzarella or parmesan cheese.
- Black Pepper
- For the béchamel sauce
- ½ liter of milk
- 1 garlic finely chopped.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste.
- Spices to taste (oregano, black pepper, nutmeg.)
- Wash the cauliflower very well, drain it and cut it into small corsages. Rewash it to remove all impurities.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a pot and add the cauliflower together with a pinch of salt and boil for 8 or 10 minutes. When you notice that they are well cooked, strain, and reserve.
- Now, take a half-tablespoon of butter in a skillet with the garlic and sauté until golden brown. Add the rest of the butter and when it melts slowly, add the flour and stir to remove lumps. Add the milk slowly and continue stirring until the milk is homogeneous and without lumps. Finally, aromatize the mixture by adding spices and a pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 180 °
- Place the cauliflower in a refractory and spread the sauce on top and sprinkle the cheese.
- Take the refractory to the oven for about 10 minutes with heat up and down. Then gratin for three more minutes, only with heat up.
- Serve hot so that the cheese can stretch and feel its maximum flavor.
Leave a Reply