Potatoes can consume in all possible ways, whether fried, in potato croquettes, cooked, roasted, in soups, pureed, salads, in short, their uses are multiple, even in some regions they use it as a healing element for various diseases.
This tuber is a staple food in all parts of the world, as it is one of the most produced and necessary crops for endless dishes.
On the other hand, the consumption of potatoes can offer the body Vitamin E, especially B6, thiamine, niacin, pantothenic acid, and folate. Also, because of its high fiber content, it can support the digestion and absorption of sugars.
With what type of potato can you prepare croquettes?
The potato has different varieties; each one adapts to each dish according to the desired preparation. For example, for potato croquettes, anyone can be used; what changes is the cooking time, by its size or type of starch. Creole potatoes can cook in less time.
How long does your preparation take?
These potato croquettes are very simple to prepare and in a very short time. It is only enough to cook the potatoes for a few minutes (if you do it in a pressure cooker they will be in less time), then make a puree, add parsley, a little salt, knead, mold the croquette in the form of an oval or sphere, fill it, fry it and go.
Following a few steps, you can enjoy some delicious croquettes, which will be ideal for toasting at a party or serving with meat or salad.
How to make potato croquettes?
Finally, it is essential to keep in mind that the frying oil must be boiling so that the cooking takes place in less time and evenly.Español
- 1 pound of potato capira.
- 100 gr of mozzarella or farmer´s cheese.
- 1 beaten egg with a pinch of salt.
- 1 tablespoon parsley finely chopped.
- Salt and pepper (to taste.)
- Frying oil
- Wash the potatoes and put them to cook for 15 minutes or until they are soft.
- Remove them from the water and crush them with a fork until they form a puree; add the salt, pepper, parsley, and mix very well.
- Please take a little of the mixture with a spoon, take it by hand to form the croquette, make a hole in the middle, add a small piece of cheese and close the dough.
- Run the croquette through the egg, then the breadcrumbs, and take the pan with the hot oil to sauté on both sides. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with a serving of meat and salad.