We Colombians cannot live without eating at least a portion of rice daily; it is for this reason that I bring this recipe for rice with vermicelli, straightforward, and easy to prepare.
It said that rice with vermicelli is one of the oldest recipes known, being a variety that comes from the Middle East and that over the years has expanded through several countries. Still, above all, it has become trendy in Latin America.
Colombians are quite fortunate since we not only find a variety of rice, but we also find a lot of variety in fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients that make it possible for us to prepare almost everything we propose. Rice with noodles is a lovely dish in terms of colors, textures, and flavors.
I have prepared it on some occasions in my house my sister loves it very much, and for her, it is that I do it. The truth is that it is an ideal recipe to go out to break the routine and the monotony of consuming White rice almost every day, that is why I also bring different variants to prepare the rice.
This recipe for rice with vermicelli is perfect to accompany roasted meats, fish, or stewed meats, a very traditional and typical dish of the Atlantic Coast. It has already become popular in many regions of Colombia, and they prepare it in many homes, and of course, if the combination of this pasta with rice is exquisite.
So I want you to be encouraged to prepare this rice with vermicelli at home, and that it is you who experiences the combination of flavors. Let’s cook.
How to make rice with vermicelliEspañol
- ¾ cup vermicelli (a half-inch pieces)
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth with vegetables or water.
- Salt to taste.
- In a pot place to heat a little oil over medium heat, add the vermicelli and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the rice and stir with a spoon, sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the broth or water (if you add water, you can add half an onion and garlic to flavor it).
- Add salt to taste, let it boil over high heat, and when the water has dried, lower the temperature and cover the pot.
- Cook until the rice is ready, at least 15 more minutes.
- After this time, remove from heat, let stand a few minutes, and voila.