I love this bread cake recipe since it is possible to make it with leftover bread at home, and instead of sending it to the trash, the best option was to try this preparation, and it has been an excellent option to make a rich, soft cake and sweet.
Can we use any bread?
This recipe is ideal since it has no limits when using any bread that we have at hand, it is even quite popular to take advantage of the one that is already old or hard and that nobody would dare to eat.
It is necessary to remember many grandmothers because they used large quantities of bread, which they had in the kitchen. They even used hard breads that they gave them in coffee shops or pastries to prepare cakes at home with texture, smell, and taste unmatched.
Thus, to make the bread cake, we must not discriminate any ingredient because some sweet, salty, hard, or soft breads can use. Each of these gives it a special touch thanks to its initial salt or sweet taste.
What should highlight this bread cake?
As I said before, any bread can use, but the critical thing to keep in mind is that it must cut very well so that it was in small pieces.
It is also essential that it soaked in the amount of milk indicated in the preparation, since this alone is crumbling, and this will be the final and ideal texture to make the cake.
It is also essential to add raisins to the mixture, since this is traditionally an ingredient that contributes to the fruit, however, you can use other elements such as a sandwich in pieces, candied fruit or chocolate pieces.Español
- 600 gr of hard or old bread.
- 100 gr of melted butter.
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 liter of milk
- 4 eggs
- 200 gr of condensed milk.
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Raisins or snacks to taste.
- Chop the bread into small pieces and bring it to a bowl with the milk. Let it soak for about 30 minutes to absorb it all; it should constantly be stirring.
- After this time, add the rest of the ingredients one by one starting with the eggs, butter, sugar, condensed milk, baking powder, vanilla extract, salt, and finally, raisins or snack. Every time you add an ingredient mustn’t stop stirring so that the mixture is compact.
- Preheat the oven to 140º C and prepare a mold or refractory by greasing it with a little butter or vegetable paper.
- Empty the mixture into the mold and bake for an hour (to verify that it is ready, insert a knife or chopstick in the middle of the cake, and if it comes out clean and dry, it means that it is already).
- After this time, remove it from the oven and let it stand for at least an hour. Serve cold and accompany it with the drink of your choice.