What is the Sangria?
If you still do not know what Sangria is, I want to tell you that this is an alcoholic beverage that consists of a preparation made from wine, chopped fruit, soda, sugar, and on some occasions, some other liquor added.
Sangria is a typical drink of Spain, but over time it has been spreading in the market and being very well received in many countries, cities, and towns of the world, is this a way to enjoy a good wine combined with some fruits, thus obtaining incredible and delicious flavors in this drink.
Why is it called Sangria?
The wine used for the preparation of this drink is red. Its name is related to the color of the wine used since it is a color very similar to that of blood.
There are many varieties of this drink since, as you know, there is an excellent variety of fruits, as well as liquors, soft drinks, and other ingredients that can use in the preparation of this drink.
It is a recipe that does not require fruits or quantity; just the only thing that asks you is not to forget to include wine. Sangria use to prepare in a large glass jar so that you can easily see all the ingredients we have used.
For me, the fruit that cannot be lacking in Sangria is orange; it is an ingredient that tones and brings delicious flavors to red wine, so it becomes one of those essential ingredients in the preparation of this drink. So don’t think about it anymore and let’s prepare it.
How to make Sangria at home?Español
- 1 bottle of 750ml red wine
- 1 peach in cubes.
- 2 cups of orange juice.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 sliced bananas.
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or powder)
- 1 orange (diced)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Optional mineral water or lemon or orange soda.
- Mix the sugar with 2 or 3 tablespoons of boiling water, mix very well until it has completely dissolved.
- In a large glass jar, pour the red wine, add orange juice, lemon juice, fruits (peach, orange, apple, banana), cinnamon, and water dissolved with sugar.
- Mix very well and let stand for about two hours for the flavors to mix.
- Serve with a few ice cubes, and if you wish, you can add mineral water or lemon or orange soda when serving, making a lighter drink.