Today we will prepare some delicious chicken crepes with vegetables; just imagine it makes my mouth water! And this dish is one of my favorites not only for its practicality when cooking but also for its nutritional contributions since a single portion contains about:
- 160 calories
- 10 grams of carbohydrates
- 1.1 saturated fat
- About 25 grams of protein (as used for the filling)
- Zero cholesterol and trans fat content.
Crepes also prove to be an excellent option for when you want to cook something fast and delicious since when serving, it can be a delightful snack to surprise your guests or a delicious main course for lunch or dinner. In this sense, it can also be a good alternative for breakfast, because you can accompany them with eggs, cheese or ham.
Although this is a European recipe of French origin, several countries make it by admitting varieties on their own, either sweet or savory, and creatively preparing their filling, which allows using many ingredients such as meats, vegetables, fruits, or vegetables. In my particular case, I prefer them with a stuffed chicken, vegetables, and I loved to bathe them with a cheese sauce, which adds an exquisite flavor.
If you make a sweet crepe, it will be ideal for children, since inside, you can put small portions of fruit, chocolate, honey, ice cream, and it will be the favorite recipe for its.Español
For the mass:
- 1 cup of wheat flour (140 grams)
- 1 cup of milk (240 millimeters)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
For the filling
- 1 large chicken breast cooked and shredded.
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup precooked peas
- ½ cup precooked carrot
- ½ cup precooked tender corn if desired
- 6 tablespoons milk cream
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Ground oregano salt and pepper to taste.
For the sauce
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ tablespoon wheat flour.
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 3 slices of mozzarella cheese or 2 a small trunk of this.
For the mass
- To prepare the crepe dough, first, mix the egg with the milk and slowly add the tablespoon of wheat flour and finally the pinch of salt (the mixture should be a little liquid).
- A place to heat a Teflon skillet, with a little butter. When hot, add with a spoon a minimum amount and then spread it evenly until all the skillet is covered.
- Let brown for 2 minutes, turn to brown on the other side. Repeat this step until the dough depleted.
For the filling
- To prepare the filling, first put the breasts to cook and then cut them into strips or crumble them (the breasts can also fry in strips, but it provides many more calories).
- Sauté the clove of garlic marinated in a little butter, add the cream of milk, and the tablespoon of mustard.
- Add the precooked vegetables, the shredded chicken, and stir until everything is thoroughly mixed.
How to prepare the sauce?
- In a skillet, add the milk, the butter and integrate the wheat flour constantly stirring until it takes a creamy texture.
- Add the cheese, salt, pepper, or spices of your choice and continue stirring. (If you notice that the texture is quite dry, you can add a little more milk.
- Put the crepe on a plate and place the filling on one end.
- Start rolling the dough into a cylinder.
- Bathe the crepe with the sauce and accompany with the sweet salad of your choice.