What is a quesadilla?
A quesadilla is a cake made of corn or wheat flour usually folded in half, which filled with different ingredients, such as mushrooms, vegetables, cheese, potatoes, or in our case, stuffed with chicken, and that regularly roasted in a skillet. However, although the tortilla usually served folded, it can also be prepared with two whole tortillas, calling this technique a synchronized tortilla.
After the tacos, the chicken quesadillas are one of the simplest dishes that Mexican cuisine has brought us, and that has contributed to gastronomy in general, as has been an influence on modern culinary concepts. They are very popular for their great versatility, practicality, low cost, and incredible flavor and are very easy to prepare.
The essential ingredients for a chicken quesadilla are corn tortillas, chicken, and cheese, but that's an advantage of Mexican cuisine, it allows you to create new explosions of flavors, combine the quesadillas with more ingredients, and experience things New in the world of cooking. You can add sweet cornstarch, peppers, mushrooms, among other ingredients, and accompany them with some homemade sauce, with guacamole. They can eat at any time you want, be it breakfast, something or dinner.
Today we have decided to prepare some delicious chicken quesadillas, and we want you to learn together with us how to make them. They are straightforward and easy to prepare, and best of all, you can eat them at any time of the day.
If you dare to experiment, you will be pleasantly surprised by the results, because the combination of its flavors is delicious to our palate, and your family member or friends will be surprised with your dishes. Good luck and cook!Español
- 8 tortillas of corn or wheat.
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ red paprika
- ½ onion
- 1 bag of mozzarella cheese in threads.
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- The first cut the red paprika and onion, either in squares or strips, and place it in a skillet with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt over medium heat.
- When it is well fried, add the breast cut into small pieces with a touch of salt (If you want to marinate the breast with cumin, thyme, etc., you can do it)
- Sauté the breast well, and when you see that it is ready, reserve it on a plate and let it blow.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, place the corn or wheat tortilla. Add the breast mixture with the onion and pepper on top of the tortilla.
- Cover all cheese very well, place the other tortilla on top (If you want not to add the other tortilla, and fold the tortilla in half) and let the tortilla below brown for 1 minute. You can cover the pan with a lid so that the cheese inside melts much better.
- When a minute has passed. turn the tortilla with tongs; so that the other side also cooks.
- Once the two tortillas are golden, it only remains to pass it to a plate. And ready!