I like the combination of sweet and savory or spicy flavors, and this recipe is no exception; the mixture between the sweet honey and the spicy mustard enhances the taste of the chicken incredibly.
This recipe is a perfect dish to delight guests on any occasion or simply being an ideal accompaniment to a salad or white rice.
In this recipe for honey mustard chicken, the chicken continues to be the protagonist, because it is a meat that falls well in any preparation, for its versatility, since it has multiple ways to be cooked and of course for its economy.
What should take into account for the preparation of the sauce?
For the preparation of the sauce, it is essential to use good quality mustard, be it in grain, ground.
You can also use a prepared sauce, which has a very concentrated flavor, and honey with an intense and very thick flavor, so that one ingredient does not stand out from the other.
What should take into account for chicken preparation?
You can use any piece of chicken; in this recipe, we will use breast fillets. Before making the preparation, you should marinate the chicken pieces very well so that they acquire all the flavor of the spices and the sauces.
Also, when you are at the time of cooking, you should continuously monitor to prevent the sauce from thickening too much and to lose its constancy.
Enjoy preparing with us this honey mustard chicken.Español
- 4 chicken breast fillets.
- 2 macerated cloves garlic.
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil.
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard to taste.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste.
- ¼ cup of chicken broth.
- In a bowl, place the fillets and sprinkle them. Add the garlic cloves, the orange juice, the mustard, the olive oil, the chicken broth, the spoon of soy sauce and the honey, mix very well and leave marinating for 20 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan, bring the breast fillets without the sauce and brown on both sides for about 8 minutes.
- Include the sauce in which the chicken was marinated in the pan and let cook for 12 more minutes.
- Serve the breasts and add the sauce on top. Accompany with rice or salad.