In this recipe, without a doubt, the main character is macaroni, which is accompanied by a delicious cheese sauce. It is one of the most popular and preferred recipes by the little ones in our house, and the truth is that my little sister is no exception; she loves it.
What kind of cheese used for its preparation?
Generally, the cheese used for these macaroni and cheese is cheddar cheese. However, other varieties of cheese can use. Regardless of the type of cheese, the texture of the sauce should be similar to that of a cream.
Moreover, if what you want is to make a combination of different cheeses to get your final sauce, you can do it, because many times these combinations turn out to be a success and make our recipes a delicious delicacy.
What other ingredients can we add to these macaroni and cheese?
To this recipe, you can add ham or bacon and other ingredients to these macaroni and cheese, and this time I have decided to make it as simple as possible, remember that simple things also have a lot of flavors, and in many cases less, it is more.
Do not worry if you do not have all the ingredients for the sauce; it is a béchamel (butter, flour, and milk) in which the cheese is what gives the final taste so that if you do not have cream, they can do it only with milk, adding cheese and sauce will be just as delicious.
So I hope you do not miss the opportunity to prepare a recipe like this, macaroni and cheese, so delicious that neither you nor your children can stop eating it. Let's cook.Español
- 250 g of macaroni.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 150 g of cheddar cheese.
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 200 g of milk cream.
- Cook the pasta in a pot with water and salt for about 10 or 12 minutes after the water begins to boil. A time list, remove and reserve.
- In a pan, place the butter to melt and add the flour, stir until well integrated. Be careful with the fire so that you are not going to burn.
- Add the milk and stir until there are no lumps and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the cheeses and the cream of milk to finish our sauce.
- Let cook about 4 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, and then add the macaroni.
- Mix well to integrate and warm, and serve immediately.