If there is something that I like are the delicious Croutons, so crispy and unique at lunchtime. What is certain is that I wouldn't say I like the croutons of bread that they sell in stores and supermarkets, because I have encountered some that are quite hard and impossible to eat, and for this reason, many people give up the idea of eating croutons.
But today I want to change that idea, I can tell you that there is nothing more delicious than making croutons at home, and eating them fresh from the oven, is my weakness, although they also made to enjoy them cold, and they are delicious, but that is already according to your taste
Can croutons carry any additional flavor to bread?
The wonders we can do with croutons do not end here; there are people who like garlic quite a bit, so we can make a mixture of garlic and butter, add it to the panels and take them to the oven.
In this way, the croutons will get the taste of garlic and butter and will be delicious. You can add fine herbs, thyme, bay leaf, and so on, but that also enters the tastes, as there are people who prefer the taste of croutons to the natural.
Can whole wheat or functional bread be used?
Another particular thing is that not only white bread is used for the preparation of these croutons, but you can also use whole wheat bread to prepare them, and they are equally delicious.
You choose what bread to use, and if you add any flavor or if you prefer them natural. So go ahead and prepare these delicious croutons.
How to make homemade Croutons?Español
- 4 tablespoons butter optional.
- 1 clove of garlic crushed or finely chopped optional.
- 5 cups of diced bread.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute is continually stirring so that it does not burn.
- Add the bread cubes and mix well to bathe them with the butter.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until they look crispy and dry.
- It is best to check them frequently so they will not burn. Take out of the oven and ready.