Craving a lemonade that cools your body? I propose a delicious natural lemonade to achieve what you want. Stay and prepare it with us.
If there's something that we Colombians love, it's the wonderful and delicious flavor of lemonade, so simple and so refreshing, ideal for a day of lots of sun, heat, and excessive thirst.
Lemonade is a drink that allows us to mix it with different fruits, creating lemonades of many flavors, but in this case, I wanted to enjoy a natural lemonade, just lemon, an ingredient that I love and that, just thinking about it, inevitably makes my mouth water.
What can you sweeten lemonade with?
Enjoying a good natural lemonade can be done almost by everyone, we can drink it without any sweetener, or, on the contrary, we can sweeten it with honey, sugar, stevia, panela, or with the sweetener we like and use at home.
They are very unique ways to enjoy lemonade at home, whether for lunch, in the afternoon, and even at night, it will always be a very good option.
Can natural lemonade be made hot?
Another very particular note, and for this reason I also love natural lemonade, in case you do not want to consume it cold and with plenty of ice, or at room temperature, we can adapt this recipe to make it hot, we do the same procedure and heat it up, to then enjoy its flavor and the wonderful properties this hot drink can provide us, as let's not forget when we caught a cold or the famous flu, there was our grandmother, giving us hot lemonade to make us feel better.
So now you know, cold or hot, sweetened or not, natural lemonade will always be a very good option to enjoy. So go ahead and prepare it with us.
Natural lemonade is a drink that will refresh you in a matter of seconds, drinking a glass of lemonade when it's too hot is like drinking a heavenly drink, best of all, lemons are very economical, so you can prepare it as many times as you want and drink it throughout the day.
Can I use canned lemons to make lemonade?
It is not recommended to use canned lemons to make lemonade, as the taste will be different and not as fresh as using fresh lemons.
Should I use the lemon peel in the lemonade?
Yes, the lemon peel is added to the lemonade to give it a touch of bitter flavor and a fresh, citrus aroma.
Can I make lemonade with limes?
Yes, you can make lemonade with limes instead of lemons, but the taste will be different and it might be more acidic.
Tips and Advice
- If you prefer a sweeter lemonade, add more sugar. If you prefer a more acidic lemonade, reduce the amount of sugar.
- To get more lemon juice, heat the lemons in the microwave for a few seconds before cutting and squeezing them.
- Add ice cubes just before serving the lemonade to keep it cold and refreshing.
If you like lemonade, you might also try other refreshing and traditional Colombian drinks, such as passion fruit juice or panela water with lemon.
- Not removing the seeds from the lemons: It's important to remove the seeds as they can make the drink taste bitter.
- Not straining the juice: When processing the lemons in the blender, it's important to strain the juice to remove the lemon residues and get a smooth and lump-free lemonade.
Other Recipe Recommendations
If you like lemonade, you might also try coconut lemonade, which is similar to lemonade, but with added coconut milk for a more tropical flavor.
You can also prepare a delicious pomegranate juice.
- 2 lemons (quartered, seedless and with peel)
- 8 cups of water
- Sugar to taste
- You might think that by adding the lemons with the peel, your lemonade will turn bitter, but the truth is that this bitter taste will give a special touch to your lemonade. You should consume the lemonade quickly, as with the passing of hours, it can turn bitter.
- Add to your blender 4 cups of water, the lemons, and sugar to taste.
- Process for about 30 seconds, with the help of a strainer pass the juice to remove lemon residues.
- Add the other 4 cups of water, stir well, add ice cubes.
Lemonade without a blender
- Squeeze the lemons with a squeezer or with your hand.
- Add the lemon juice to the water, add sugar to taste. Stir well
- Adding ice cubes.