For this sweet plantain lasagna, you will need few ingredients such as cheese, onion, tomato, the meat you prefer, enough cheese, and of course, slices of ripe banana to form each of the bases.
Do I need plates or lasagna pasta for this recipe?
This recipe is unusual for me since, at home, there is permanently a plantain reserve to prepare diversely, especially in salty dishes. And I say especially since not only in my house but in several places in Colombia it is prevalent to find the famous slice of ripe plantain in many dishes.
For this lasagna, the main ingredient is the slice of ripe plantain; to form the layers, we will not use pasta or plates of flour as traditionally done. But we will make thin slices of ripe plantain, which will then be covered with meat, Bolognese sauce and cheese; This last ingredient is essential because it makes each part adhere to the other and is quite compact and delicious.
Why is this lasagna ideal for lunchtime?
To eat a full and healthy lunch, we can choose many alternatives, and not only that it is plentiful, but that it has diversity in nutrients, in this recipe it can be that alternative since it has elements such as protein, carbohydrates, vegetables. If you do not want to add meat, you can do it only with cheese.
On the other hand, this dish comes from the Magdalena department north of Colombia, there it is also served as the main course at lunch and is an ally to help at parties or meetings.
Also, in some countries, its preparation is widespread and quite similar to our recipe. However, its name varies; for example, in Puerto Rico, it is known as pine nut or cake, in this other ingredients such as olives, beans, seasonings such as achiote or coriander and egg.
How to make sweet plantain lasagna?
I hope that with the above description, you will be encouraged to make this sweet plantain lasagna by following the step by step you will find below.Español
- 3 large ripe plantains.
- 500 gr of ground meat.
- ¼ cup Bolognese sauce.
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped.
- 250 grams of cheese mozzarella or parmesan to gratin.
- ½ onion finely chopped.
- 1 garlic finely chopped.
- A pinch of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Sauté over medium-high heat, garlic, chopped onion and then add the tomato and stir for 3 minutes. Then add the ground beef, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Leave to cook for 8 minutes while stirring.
- When you notice that the meat is half cooked, add the Bolognese sauce and let it finish cooking for another 4 minutes.
- Apart, cut the plantain slices horizontally so that they are large and thin. Put them to sauté in a skillet with a splash of oil.
- To assemble the lasagna, use an oven mold, place at the base a layer of slices of ripe plantain, cheese, meat with the sauce, again cheese and so repeat until the ingredients finished. In the end, place a thick layer of cheese to gratin.
- Take the lasagna to the oven at a temperature of 180º C until it has wholly gratinated.
- Serve with bread or your favorite salad.