I’m sure you will love this recipe. Colombian black cake or wedding or wrapped cake is a dessert that you will always need. It is an indispensable part of celebrating a wedding, a birthday, a fifteen-year party, or even a baptism. It said that without cake there is no party.
The black cake is part of our customs, regardless of the age of the person if there is a reason to celebrate, there will be a black cake. But the most curious of all is that you may be celebrating your child’s birthday months old, and the cake will not be missing, so the child does not have the opportunity to try it.
Yes, it is quite funny that many times the birthday boy does not have the chance to do so, although it was to celebrate him that you bought the cake.
Although it is not all, accompanying the cake, there will always be a bottle of wine or any other bottle of liquor, the guests celebrate until very late and the celebrated one, goes to bed early to sleep perhaps because of being a minor. I am sure you have held many parties like this or even participated in one.
I hope you enjoy preparing this delicious recipe, if you are going to prepare it to celebrate the birthday of one of your children, you can accompany it with a delicious glass of milk.Español
- 1/2 pound of flour (250 gr)
- 1 cup prunes without seeds (125 gr)
- 1 cup of raisins (150 gr)
- 1/2 cup of wine (120 ml)
- 1/4 cup dark rum (60 ml)
- 1/2 pound of butter (250 gr)
- 1/2 pound of sugar (250 gr)
- 1 cup of brevas in syrup or puffs 140 gr
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of powdered cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 tablespoon of molasses or sweet burned
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). And grease a 6-inch round cake skillet and set aside.
- Place the plums, raisins, and brevas in the blender or food processor and process for a minute. Take the fruit mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg and set aside.
- With the help of an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter. Scrape the two from the bowl, add the vanilla extract and add the eggs, one by one.
- Add the flour mixture and mix at the lowest speed for about a minute. Add the burnt candy and continue mixing for another minute. Then add the route f with your hands and mix everything very well.
- Add the mixture to the greased mold and bake for an hour and 40 minutes. Since each oven is different, you can try inserting a knife or a spoon, and if it comes out clean, it will be ready to remove from the oven. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the mold; place it on aluminum foil and sprinkle it with wine and rum. Let stand at room temperature between 3 to 5 days before serving or decorating.