Blood sausage is one of the most typical sausages of Colombian, a trendy and delicious meal.
What is blood sausage?
If you visit us from other places outside the country, and you still don't know what a blood sausage I will explain; This dish is a sausage that is made with pork blood, seasoned with various spices and mixed with other ingredients, rice being the main one, and others like onion, peas, etc.,
All these ingredients put in a gut of pork or cow, and then it is cooked in boiling water for a good time.
At the time of imagining that brief description, it usually sounds like a dish not very fancy, and a bit unpleasant, but believe me that this dish, once cooked in water, is unimaginable, and that is why we Colombians enjoy it so much eat it
Its preparation can be a bit complicated and more at the time of putting the filling in the gut, but if you do it with great care and caution, the procedure will not be complicated.
This recipe is where the famous blood sausage broth is derived, which is what remains after cooking all the blood sausage we make, and in the water is the substance, both are a delicacy and a delight.
You can accompany the blood sausage with corn arepas, with some good yellow potatoes. Because not, with patacones, the important thing is to enjoy it as it should, I assure you that its flavor is very delicious and that you unquestionably did not imagine it. So go ahead and prepare this recipe with us.Español
- 1 liter of fresh pork blood.
- 1½ pounds of chopped fatback.
- ½ cup of chopped scallions.
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of oregano powder.
- 4 tablespoons coriander or finely chopped parsley.
- 2 tablespoons of mint.
- 4 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 500 g of rice
- 400 g of cooked peas.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 5 meters of pork gut soaked in lemon water. (Since last night)
- Thread to tie up.
- Prepare the rice, as usual, once ready, let it stand. When it is cold, transfer it to a large bowl and stir it there until it releases.
- In the bowl where the pig’s blood is, add a tablespoon of salt and a teaspoon of white vinegar to prevent it from curdling..
- Wash the gut thoroughly with plenty of water and tie one of the tips with thread.
- Now, in a plastic container, add all the ingredients, the rice, the blood, the spelled, the onion, the garlic, the oregano, the coriander, the peppermint, the cornmeal, the pepper, the cumin, the pea and the remaining teaspoon of salt, stir well until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Now we begin to fill the guts manually, do this with the help of a wide-mouth funnel, if you do not have it, you can adapt a plastic bottle, cutting it in half and using its mouthpiece.
- Fill the gut, being careful not to go too tight.
- Tie the tips very well with thread so that it does not break down, do this every 15 or 20 cm.
- In a pot with enough water, cook the black pudding, you can add some spices to the water, such as the bay leaf, thyme, etc.
- Let cook for about 30 to 45 minutes; you will know that it is ready when you insert a needle and no liquid or blood comes out of it.
- Take them out of the water, drain, and prepared to eat.