What is the boronia?
Boronia is a traditional dish of Colombian Caribbean cuisine, which consists of the preparation of a puree made from eggplants with ripe plantain, seasoned with tomato, onion, and garlic “hogao“. It is very appealing for its smooth and juicy consistency, which serves as a perfect accompaniment for fish and meat.
As few know, it said that it is a dish that was introduced by Arab immigrants, around 1880 and that it was adopted by Colombia, making it a typical recipe that has undoubtedly been liked by Colombians since the moment in That met.
How should the texture of the mash be?
In this recipe, we must prepare a puree of eggplant with ripe banana, and the texture of the mash is a very personal decision since you can make this puree in the rustic style, that is, leaving pieces of vegetable in it, or you can pass it through a mash. In this way, you will get a much softer texture.
Boronia is a straightforward dish to prepare, it will not take us more than 20 minutes in the kitchen, and I am sure that the combination of these flavors will leave you with your mouth open. It is also a perfect way to consume vegetables, especially the eggplant that can give us so much help, and that combined with a good hogao, it is irresistible to my palate.
So that if you’re one of those people who like the recipes easy to prepare, accompany us to make this delicious recipe for boronia, homemade and healthy that will surprise all your guests. Let’s cook.
How to make boronia?Español
- 3 eggplants
- 2 ripe plantains.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic clove finely chopped.
- 3 to matoes
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel the eggplants and cut them into quarters; also peel the plantains and cut them in half.
- Place the plantains and eggplants to cook in enough water until they are cooked and soft enough to puree. You will know that they are ready when the fork enters without any problem in them.
- While this is cooking, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté the finely chopped onion until it is transparent.
- Add the garlic and the peeled and chopped tomato, pepper, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the stew is thick.
- Once the plantains and eggplants are soft, drain them, let stand a little, and process or crush them with a fork until they form a puree. Now add half of the hogao or stew to this mash and stir to integrate.
- Serve hot and add the rest of the stew on top of the paste.