In which recipes is buttermilk used?
Buttermilk is widely used in recipes for cakes, cookies, pancakes, breads, salad dressings, and even some marinades, thus helping the recipes to be the best, and giving them a very particular flavor.
Many people use this food in their daily lives, and others occasionally want to eat some preparations that carry the famous buttermilk. Still, it turns out that they do not have the availability of this product in the fridge, and On many occasions, it is not worth going to the supermarket to buy a large amount of whey to use just a little.
For this reason, many people refrain from using it in many preparations that carry the excellent buttermilk. But luckily, it is straightforward to make homemade buttermilk, with ordinary milk, it is straightforward to make, and the best thing is that we only need two ingredients.
What benefits does buttermilk have?
Being a recipe made from milk, it has properties and benefits that we can highlight:
- It contains proteins of high biological value.
- It is a dietary supplement.
- It has a high concentration of vitamins and minerals.
- It is an ally against constipation.
- It helps us lose weight.
- Regulates cholesterol and,
- It improves fat metabolism.
It is a reasonably simple, economical recipe with many properties and benefits in our favor, becoming a complete preparation which we can use for many things. So when you need to prepare buttermilk, do not forget to follow our recipe and make it with us. Let’s cook.Español
- 250 ml of milk.
- The juice of ½ lemon.
- Add the lemon juice to the milk.
- Stir and let stand for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- When this time passes, it will have the appearance of cut milk, that is the correct texture. You must stir the mixture and use it directly (no need to strain it).
- I recommend you start using it after two days of making it.