Making cheese sticks is so simple. In one of the culinary cooking classes, they taught me how to prepare them. It is not difficult. Its ingredients are straightforward to find in any store or supermarket. You can make them at home, and best of all is that once ready. You decide if you store them in the freezer or take them to the pan to eat immediately.
This recipe is ideal for a gathering of friends in the afternoon, for a Sunday of something in the family, to satisfy a craving, even for the lunchbox of our children, which by the way they love it, instead, it is ideal for many moments.
I was one of those who thought it was much easier to go out and buy my sticks in a supermarket or a store near my house, and for many, it was until I had the opportunity to be in that class and changed my thinking completely, how wrong I was. Well, sometimes all we need is to risk a little more to be in the kitchen and prepare many delicious things, including tasty cheese sticks.
Other names that these sticks receive are churros or tequeños in other Latin American countries, which can be stuffed with ham, pineapple, cheese, sandwich, arequipe, among other things. It all depends on the taste of the person who prepared it. I hope you are ready to make this delicious recipe that will only take about 40 minutes.
You can accompany this delicious cheese sticks with a cup of chocolate.Receta original en Español
- 250 g wheat flour
- 250 g of farmer or costeño cheese.
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 75 g of butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Arequipe to taste (Optional)
- In a bowl, place the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and butter in cubes and mix manually until flour crumbs form.
- Then add the beaten egg, water and knead well until you get a consistent dough. If the dough sticks from your hands, then add more flour until it does not stick.
- Please place it in plastic and leave it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- After this time, cut the cheese into sticks 1 centimeter thick and 10 centimeters long. (You can make it longer or shorter)
- Then on a floured surface, spread the dough with a rolling pin and leave it 30 centimeters long and 5 millimeters thick.
- With a pizza cutter or knife, cut strips 2 centimeters wide.
- Place a piece of the cheese at the beginning of the strip (If you wish, you can also put a sandwich or frozen arequipe and roll carefully. Close each dough stick tightly.
- Place them on a floured plate before sautéing. If you want, you can freeze and consume whenever you want.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and fry each stick for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Once ready, take them out and put them on paper towels to absorb excess oil. And ready.