It is a very common recipe in Latin America, both at a gastronomic level and at-home food. The term fried fish used in a preparation where fish can be prepared whole, on wheels, or fillets. In the first place, fish seasoned with salt, pepper, and lemon juice (although in many places the only salt is used as a condiment so as not to alter the taste of the fish); It is then coated in wheat flour and fried in vegetable oil. In this type of preparation, fish such as hake, snapper, tilapia, robalo, among others, are used.
Here in Colombia, especially on the coasts, it is usually accompanied with coconut rice and patacones, in Venezuela, it is accompanied with fresh salads or with arepas. It served hot, freshly fried. It can be taken as an appetizer, for example, with a beer or a good wine, or as a main course.
I invite you to prepare a delicious fried fish, for this, I recommend you look for a fresh and also medium or small fish so that it fits in the skillet and it is easier to fry it.Español
- 2 fish of your choice (snapper, tilapia, or mojarra)
- One lemon’s juice. Optional
- Salt and pepper.
- ¼ cup flour
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Rinse the fish in cold water and dry it with paper towels. With a sharp knife, make three cuts on each side of the fish.
- Season the fish inside and out with salt and pepper. (If you wish you can marinate the fish with a little lemon) Reserve.
- Cover the fish with flour, and in a large skillet, add the oil and place it to heat over medium-high heat.
- When hot, carefully place the fish in the oil and lower the temperature to medium.
- Sauté the fish for 5 to 7 minutes. Turn the sin over and fry for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- After this, remove the fish from the oil and take it on absorbent paper towels.
- Remember that you can accompany this fish with a healthy salad, coconut rice, with patacones, avocado, or lemon slices.