At home, I grew up eating slices of ripe plantain, when my grandmother was neglecting, there I was to take a slice. After eating them, she discovered me and looked at me with a face of disgust but with much love.
On this occasion, I have brought some delicious ripe plantain balls, with the special touch that bacon brings and the irresistible flavor and texture of cheese inside these balls.
Can these plantain balls be used as snacks?
The exciting thing about these bacon banana balls is that we can use it as a snack, as an entrance, and if we decide to accompany them with a sauce of our liking, it will surely be a delight to our palate. We can also put them as companions of any other dish, thus causing a sensation.
Undoubtedly there are many things we can do with ripe plantain, but this recipe is one of the ones that we do or do have to do at some point; it will be worth it. With this recipe, you will captivate your friends, your children, or your family, and if you put a good portion of cheese inside, you will melt entirely like them.
So don’t think about it anymore and come and cook with us this wonderful recipe. Let’s cook.Español
- 2 ripe plantains
- 5 strips of bacon
- 2 tablespoons coriander or parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 12 cubes of cheese
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- In a skillet, place the five strips of bacon and leave a few minutes until cooked. Remove and split into small squares. Reserve.
- In a pot with water, add the peeled and cut plantains and let cook for 10 minutes after it starts to boil.
- After this time, remove from the water and let stand about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the plantains and with the help of a crushing fork to form a puree.
- Add the diced bacon, coriander or parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir until the ingredients integrated.
- Once ready, grab small portions, form an arepa, place a cheese box, and proceed to form the ball.
- Pass them on a plate with flour, then on a dish with beaten egg, and finally on a bowl with breadcrumbs. Repeat this process until all the balls formed.
- In a skillet with hot oil, a place to sauté our balls until they browned on all sides. Remove from oil, drain and serve immediately.